Skip to main content

IKAKULE! (UNTIE YOURSELF)

 "Hey, you crossed my mind, I haven't seen you in a while, we should hang out"... That's how the good sis got roped back into the mystery of what feels like love but also occasionally features hate with a gent she shouldn't be entertaining. 

Before I am attacked and told it's not only gents who send those messages, best believe I know that we sisters do this (guilty as charged), sometimes the devil just creeps into your mind and tells you; remember how good it felt naba Mulenga, then social media (in a very awkward manner always starts to project things on how you are feeling or what you are going through) convinces you ati "send that text, he or she probably misses you too" and there you are, mu bed with your phone typing, retyping and deleting things till you have finally concocted the "right" message and you press SEND! Then comes the heart palpitations lol kwati chipuba! 😂😂you start questioning yourself over what you have done, wondering if it's too late to delete for everyone, you even get thirsty and start sweating lol (we go through it mwe). 

Anyway, you see life ey? especially mu "June" ahhh the reply will most likely come through, and just like that ka door ka isuka. So now, you are back in the thick of things and now it seemingly feels better because y'all are catching up and kuli ama remember this, remember that, and in the middle of all this, you (read me and by me I mean yourself) start to feel all kinds of good because this person is remembering and asking the important questions before you know it GILIGIDI! NAUPONA! (YOU HAVE FALLEN TWICE AS HARD). 

I don't know what it is about flings you shouldn't be having,  feeling like they're your happy ever after! Countless times in my past I have had to have one-on-ones with my heart like "Guy, the red flags don't get any brighter than this", but the minute one nice thing happens, it switches those flags green kwati ma traffic lights. And the relationships you actually should be having feel fake, too good to be true, and sometimes boring (iyi bane is a trauma reaction lol), I am convinced we get so used to the madness that comes with the fipondos we encounter that good just seems off!

I am here today!! To preach!!! to tell a brother or a sister!! It is time to UNTIE YOURSELF! IKAKULE MUNE! 😂 

As I write this, I am actually laughing because IT'S NOT EASY! I said this in one of the previous blogs but I will bring it back, there is nothing in this life harder than breaking up with a person who isn't your person! It is painful but essential. I always tell myself, some people are better off loved from a distance, you can't erase feelings, memories or miss them, our biggest pain comes from burying emotions or living in denial. So feel what you need to feel, look at the pictures or read the texts that made you smile and process it! Ama outsiders will always give opinions and most times it's because they care but when it's dark at night, and the tuma memories hit, it's you, God, and your phone lol choose your next move wisely in that moment but overall IKAKULE!   


Thanks for reading 💖 


Lots of Love 💕


Thee Talkative Aries ♈

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A lot can happen in a year

 Okay it hasn't been a year since my last blog post (10 months)... but you get the point. Let's start by celebrating the fact that I broke up with my crutches and bionic knee brace, the good sis is back on 2s, just not with Megan Thee Stallion knees (there goes my video vixen career dream) lol. But truly, it still shocks me because it felt like a never-ending nightmare but God and the world's best orthopedic doctors came through.. Then I won a competition for a project I shelved years ago lol. Imposter syndrome will be the death of me.. I have a passion project I've been sitting on for years because I'm so afraid to fail, but my support system pushed me to pitch and I came out second and won funding for my project. While on this, let's just unpack how when you're supposed to do something it'll haunt you till you do it, like eh?? It'll pop up in dreams, your social media will be showing subs on it lol napapata give me chance to wallow or avoid working

What are you telling yourself?

 I can't do this, I can't do that, I am not so smart... I have had moments in my life where I uttered such words, maybe because I was nervous or because I didn't want to oversell myself, so I spoke words that I felt put me in a safer spot.  The past couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster, from work life to social life. You know how they say when it rains it pours? that's been my life, working long hours, being overstretched, having no room to think, breathe, or even process, just from meeting to meeting, email to email, being scolded for mistakes made in the middle of burnout, YANGU TATA LESA, I am just one person. So in the habit of being a frustrated millennial, I started to complain. I can't do this anymore, I am tired (this is true), I am failing, maybe I wasn't built for this and so much more.. This has been my location mentally, I was just filling myself with negativity and telling myself how I am not good enough for my job, or for the opportunities com

Take me back to 5!

 Growing up my dreams were simple, I wanted to be a princess. How hard could it possibly be? All I have to do is wear cute ballroom dresses, live in a castle, smile and greet people and occasionally ride horses. That to me seems like a simple life.  Fast forward to today and in reality, I am 20-something working an actual 9 to 5, while trying to get a degree which in all honesty is giving me so much grief (like why can't you just be as easy as 123) and somewhere in all this, I am expected to live a decent social life and possibly have a stable relationship. In this same one life???? That is not what 5-year-old me thought, because as far as I know, the Prince was bound to find me in a castle. But alas, I do not live in one. This could probably be the reason I am single, instead of being in a castle in some faraway land, I am in Lusaka lol. At 5, my dreams were cute and pure, and life also seemed so much simpler and cooler as from my little girl eyes, iyee imwe kali ka book kama lies